Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas Village, Baguio Country Club, Baguio City


When I heard there is a Christmas Village built in Baguio City, I was personally very curious what it looks like.  Fortunately, I had some time to check out the village with my brothers. (I am always a busy woman, but not for my love ones) Here are selected pictures of our visit.  My kids were not able to see the village since we came here on December 25, 2011.  Our kids with my husband Carlo had to visit their aunts, uncles and cousins in Dagupan City.  Now I know what it feels like to have home sickness when you see the snow falling.  Yes, there's a man made snow in the village!
Me and my brothers while waiting for the man made snow
There are mascots and real life characters from the Nativity.  He's my favorite.
Go munch on some raisin bread, banana bread and cotton candy

Christmas Carols

The snow was falling when the carols were playing.  I was alone beside the real life Nativity when I took this shot.  I wanted to take a picture of the real life nativity with Carlo and the kids but then reality caught me and realized they are not with me.  The snow looks very nice but it enveloped great sadness within me.  Without my kids on the night of Christmas Day, I felt deep sadness.  I wanted to see them badly and embrace them tight while the snow is falling and say "Merry Christmas Dad and kids.. I love you so much." Now I realized how OFWs feel on this Christmas Day.  Snow is really nice.  White Christmas is great!  But without our love ones, it's nothing but ice melting in your face. Some homesickness that can kill. (Well in my case, it's soap melting in my face.  It's a man made snow remember!)   My brother MC tapped my shoulder and said, hey. let's take a picture! And then happiness settled again.  Thank God for my brothers for celebrating Christmas Night with me.  I love them both very, very, very.. (last) very much!








A little tired from all the picture taking.  Posted selected shots only.  Check out my fb account for more pictures soon!
The Three Kings... ee.. where's the third king?! Smiling kings? Charles is the newborn king, I mean kid! :)
 My son and I after a night at the Christmas Village.  For families who still missed the village, you can still visit Baguio Country Club until January 6, 2011 from 9:00am to 10:00pm.  Show starts at 6pm so be there before 6pm to enjoy the mascots and the man made snow!

Follow me on Twitter: @tuesday_rn *Do you want to receive updates via email? Subscribe now by entering your email address in the subscription link!

BACK TO HOME PAGE AND SEE MORE POSTS

No comments: